This is the widest form of cover available to protect your vehicle. The plan covers losses due to accident to the vehicle, fire in the vehicle or theft of the vehicle and it includes your liability for personal injury or property damage to third parties arising from the use of your vehicle. There are other additional extensions such as personal accident.
Under the “Comprehensive Motor”, the plan indemnifies you as under;
The plan undertakes to compensate you for loss of or damage to your vehicle, its accessories and spare parts whilst thereon:
- By accident or accidental collision or overturning consequent upon mechanical breakdown or consequent upon wear and tear.
- By fire, external explosion, self ignition, lightning or thunderbolt.
- By burglary or theft.
- By malicious act of any third party.
- Whilst being in transit (including the process of loading and unloading incidental to such transit) by road, rail, inland waterway, lift or elevator, relating to the said transportation.
Against Third Party Liability.
The plan compensates you in the event of an accident caused by or arising out of the use of the motor vehicle, subject to the limits specified in this plan, against all sums which you shall become legally liable to pay as compensation for:
- Death or bodily injury to any person including the passengers in the vehicles except you or the driver at the time of the accident and their families-spouse, parents and children and your employees, if they are injured during the working hours or as a result of their work.
- Damages for materials and property, except those owned by you or the driver at the time of the accident or property held in trust or in their custody or control.